- small loaf:1
- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 225g 8 oz Very strong wholemeal bread flour (we like Allinson) Very strong wholemeal bread flour
- 45g 1⅝ oz Butter (unsalted)
- 1tsp 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp 1tsp Unrefined golden caster (we like Billington's) Unrefined golden caster
- 125g 4½ oz Cheddar cheese or hard cheese of your choice, coarsely grated
- 7g ⅜ oz Easy bake yeast (we like Allinson) Easy bake yeast
- 150ml 5⅛ fl oz Ale warmed
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 2
Add all the other dry ingredients and mix to a dough with the beer.
Classic mode Step 3
Using a mixer with a dough hook, knead for 5 minutes. If mixing by hand knead for 10 minutes.
Classic mode Step 4
Place into a greased small loaf tin, or shape in to a round loaf and place on a baking sheet.
Classic mode Step 5
Leave to prove until double in size, if you leave it longer than this the dough will over prove. Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4).
Classic mode Step 6
Bake for approximately 35-45 minutes, until risen and brown.
Classic mode Step 7
When cooked the loaf should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom.