- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
For the biscuits
- 100g 3½ oz Butter (unsalted) softened
- 50g 1⅞ oz Unrefined golden caster sugar (we use Billington's) Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 2tbsp 2tbsp Cocoa powder
- 150g 5⅜ oz Self-raising white flour (we use Allinson) Self-raising white flour
For the filling
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4).
Classic mode Step 4
Place the balls of dough onto 2 ungreased baking trays, allowing room for them to spread when baked. Flatten each slightly with a fork.
Classic mode Step 5
Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes. Then leave to cool on the tray.
Classic mode Step 7
Colour with green food colouring and add a few drops of peppermint extract. Spread the icing on top of 10 biscuits and sandwich together with the other 10. Store in a cake tin for 1 week.
Ingredients for this step
- Green food colouring a few drops
- Peppermint extract 2-3 drops to taste (we use Nielsen-Massey) Peppermint extract