- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 225ml 7⅝ fl oz Dark ale or stout
- 75ml 2½ fl oz Walnut oil
- 200g 7⅛ oz Strong white bread flour (we like Allinson) Strong white bread flour
- 200g 7⅛ oz Country grain bread flour (we like Allinson) Country grain bread flour
- 2tsp 2tsp Sea salt
- 25g 1 oz Unrefined golden caster sugar (we like Billington's) Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1¼tsp 1¼tsp Easy bake yeast (we like Allinson) Easy bake yeast
- 75g 2¾ oz Walnuts halves
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Put the ingredients into the bread maker baking pan in the order specified for your particular model (see manufacturer’s handbook).
Classic mode Step 2
Set to the basic white program. Add the walnuts at the time for added ingredients, as directed by the manufacturer of your machine.
Classic mode Step 3
Remove the dough from machine and knead again until smooth. Shape the dough into a circle.
Classic mode Step 4
Place onto a greased baking sheet and leave to prove until double in size.
Classic mode Step 5
Cut a deep cross into the top of the loaf and decorate with walnuts.
Classic mode Step 6
Bake at 190°C (170°C fan, 375°F, gas mark 5) for 30 minutes.