- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 225g 8 oz Self-raising white flour (we like Allinson) Self-raising white flour
- pinch pinch Salt
- 55g 2 oz Butter (unsalted)
- 25g 1 oz Unrefined golden caster sugar (we like Billington's) Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 2 2 Stem ginger drained and finely chopped
- 150ml 5⅛ fl oz Milk (whole)
- 2tbsp 2tbsp Unrefined demerara sugar (we like Billington's) Unrefined demerara sugar
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan, 425°F, gas mark 7). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
Classic mode Step 4
Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly.
Classic mode Step 5
Pat out to a round 2cm thick, there is no need to use a rolling pin. Use a 5cm cutter to stamp out rounds and place on a baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
Classic mode Step 7
For an alternative flavoured scone try replacing the stem ginger with walnuts, a handful grated cheese or dried cranberries.