- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 125g 4½ oz Butter (unsalted) softened
- 225g 8 oz Unrefined dark muscovado sugar Unrefined dark muscovado sugar
- 150g 5⅜ oz Plain white flour (we like Allinson) Plain white flour
- 125g 4½ oz Plain wholemeal flour Plain wholemeal flour
- 2½tsp 2½tsp Baking powder
- 1 1 Lemon zest grated
- 1 1 Orange zest grated
- 2tbsp 2tbsp Brandy
- 2 2 Egg(s) (free range) beaten
- 400g 14⅛ oz Mincemeat
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Prepare a deep 23cm tin by lining the base and sides with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 170°C (fan 150°C, gas mark 3).
Classic mode Step 3
Mix in the flours, baking powder, eggs, brandy and mincemeat.
Classic mode Step 4
Once all combined transfer to the prepared tin. Remember to flatten the mixture with the back of a spoon before tapping sharply on a worktop to settle the contents. Then make a smooth depression in the centre of the mixture to help it rise evenly.
Classic mode Step 5
Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Leave in the tin for 30 minutes to cool then turn out with the paper still on.
Classic mode Step 6
Leave to cool then decorate as you like. Remember this cake is best enjoyed fresh!