- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 150g 5⅜ oz Butter (unsalted) softened
- 150g 5⅜ oz Unrefined golden caster (we like Billington's) Unrefined golden caster
- 3 3 Egg(s) (free range) beaten
- ½tsp ½tsp Vanilla extract (we like Nielsen-Massey) Vanilla extract
- 150g 5⅜ oz Self-raising white flour (we like Allinson) Self-raising white flour
- 30ml 1 fl oz Milk (whole)
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan, 400°F, gas mark 6). Grease a 15cm/6in square cake tin.
Classic mode Step 3
Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the mix to make a soft mixture, add in the vanilla extract and gradually add the milk.
Classic mode Step 4
Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until springy to the touch. Leave to cool on a wire rack.