(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 180°C/Gas 5. Grease and line a 23 cm round cake tin. Toss the sultanas and pecans in 2 tablespoons of the flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Mash the bananas with the rum and gradually beat into the mixture.
- Beat in the eggs, a little at a time.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and fold into the mixture.
- Lightly stir in the sultanas and pecans.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool in the tin for a few minutes then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Serve with whipped cream.