(click on the text to highlight each stage):
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/170°C fan/ 350°F.
- For the fruit, dice and remove the core and seeds. Toss in the sugar, flour and cinnamon. If you are making the Stem Ginger Topping, add the ground ginger too. Put the fruit in a pan over a medium heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, until the fruit is just soft.
- Meanwhile, make your crumble topping. For all the toppings, mix together the flour and butter, and crumble between your fingers until the texture is like breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients according to your chosen topping recipe.
- Spoon the fruit into an ovenproof dish. Spoon over the crumble topping, making sure that it is evenly spread. Bake for 30 minutes, until light golden. Serve with hot custard or cream