- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 160g 5⅝ oz Plain white flour (we like Allinson) Plain white flour
- 1tsp 1tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1tsp 1tsp Ginger (ground)
- 1tsp 1tsp Mixed spice
- 1tsp 1tsp Baking powder
- pinch pinch Salt
- 100g 3½ oz Butter (unsalted)
- 70g 2½ oz Unrefined molasses sugar (we like Billington's) Unrefined molasses sugar
- 4tsp 4tsp Milk (whole)
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan, gas mark 4).
Classic mode Step 2
In a large mixing bowl rub in the flour and butter using the tips of your fingers until you create a very fine crumble.
Classic mode Step 3
Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and mix until it comes together as a dough.
Classic mode Step 4
Once combined turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll the dough out to a thickness of about 2/3cm.
Classic mode Step 5
Using an 8cm cookie cutter, cut discs from the dough and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Classic mode Step 6
Place in the oven and bake the biscuits for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.