- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
For the cupcakes
- 250g 8⅞ oz Butter (unsalted) softened
- 250g 8⅞ oz Unrefined golden caster sugar (we like Billington's) Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 4 4 Egg(s) (free range) medium
- 250g 8⅞ oz Self-raising white flour (we like Allinson) Self-raising white flour
- 2tsp 2tsp Vanilla extract (we like Nielsen-Massey) Vanilla extract
For the buttercream
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Preheat the oven to 180°C (gas mark 4), and line a tin with 12 cupcake cases.
Classic mode Step 5
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Classic mode Step 6
Leave to cool completely on a cooling wire.
Classic mode Step 7
To make the buttercream beat together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy then add the vanilla bean paste and mix until well distributed.
Classic mode Step 8
Fill a piping bag with the buttercream and pipe onto the cakes, decorate with vanilla pods.
Ingredients for this step
- Vanilla pods to decorate (we like Nielsen-Massey)