- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 350g 12½ oz Seed and grain white bread flour Seed and grain white bread flour
- 100g 3½ oz Very strong wholemeal bread flour Very strong wholemeal bread flour
- 10g ½ oz Easy bake yeast Easy bake yeast
- 4tsp 4tsp Unrefined light muscovado sugar (we like Billington's) Unrefined light muscovado sugar
- 1tsp 1tsp Sea salt
- 100g 3½ oz Linseeds or sesame seeds
- 275ml 9⅜ fl oz Warm water
- 4tsp 4tsp Sunflower oil
- 75g 2¾ oz Natural yoghurt
- 3tbsp 3tbsp Porridge oats optional
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Put the flours into a large bowl and add the yeast, sugar, salt and seeds.
Ingredients for this step
Classic mode Step 2
Pour the warm water, oil and youhurt into a jug and mix into the flour. As soon as it is all combined, cover with cling film or a plastic bag and leave it to rise for up to 1 hour.
Classic mode Step 3
Gently deflate the dough, and carefully upturn the bowl contents onto a lightly floured surface. It will have lost its original stickiness and will be easier to knead. Knead for 10-15 minutes until smooth.
Classic mode Step 4
Shape into a round ball put onto a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with oats. Cover with a bowl, to prevent it forming a skin on the outside and leave it in a warm place until it has almost doubled in size.
Classic mode Step 5
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan, 425°F, gas mark 7). When the bread has almost doubled in size, slash down the centre of the loaf with a sharp knife.
Classic mode Step 6
Turn the oven down to 190°C (170°C fan, 375°F, gas mark 5). Bake for 35-40 minutes or until browned and the loaf sounds hollow when the base is tapped.
Classic mode Step 7
Remove from oven and turn out onto a cooling rack.