- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 250g 8⅞ oz Country grain bread flour (we like Allinson) Country grain bread flour
- 250g 8⅞ oz Seed and grain white bread flour (we like Allinson) Seed and grain white bread flour
- 1tsp 1tsp Salt
- 2tsp 2tsp Sunflower oil
- 1 1 Egg(s) (free range) medium, beaten
- 3tbsp 3tbsp Worcestershire sauce Worcestershire sauce
- 115ml 4 fl oz Ale mild or stout
- 115ml 4 fl oz Warm water
- 1¼tsp 1¼tsp Easy bake yeast (we like Allinson)
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Put the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl and sprinkle the yeast over.
Classic mode Step 3
Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes.
Classic mode Step 4
Shape as desired and put into an appropriate greased tin.
Classic mode Step 5
Cover and leave to prove until double in size.
Classic mode Step 6
Place in an oven preheated to 220°C (200°C, gas mark 7) and immediately turn the oven down to 200°C (180°C, gas mark 6) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Classic mode Step 7
When cooked the loaf should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on a wire rack before slicing.