- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
For the Yorkshire puddings
- 75g 2¾ oz Plain white flour (we use Allinson) Plain white flour
- ¼tsp .25tsp Salt
- 1tbsp 1tbsp Unrefined golden caster sugar (we use Billington's) Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 2 2 Egg(s) (free range) medium
- 100ml 3½ fl oz Milk (whole)
- 30g 1⅛ oz Butter (unsalted) plus extra for greasing
- 5 5 Plum(s) cut into sixths
- 3tbsp 3tbsp Unrefined light muscovado sugar (we use Billington's) Unrefined light muscovado sugar
- 2tsp 2tsp Vanilla extract (we use Nielsen-Massey) Vanilla extract
- Unrefined golden icing sugar to dust (we use Billington's)
For the cream
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Add the flour, salt, and caster sugar to a large jug. Beat together the eggs and the milk.
Classic mode Step 2
Make a well in the flour and pour in the egg mixture, gradually whisking in until smooth and thick, and let it sit for 15 minutes.
Classic mode Step 3
Preheat the oven to 220C (fan 200C, gas mark 7), placing a large ovenproof tray on the shelf underneath to catch any drips.
Classic mode Step 4
Grease a 6 hole muffin tin with butter and then sprinkle a little light muscovado sugar into the bottom of each hole.
Classic mode Step 5
Meanwhile melt the 30g butter in a sauté pan, add the plums and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway. Add in the light muscovado sugar and vanilla extract and stir until melted.
Classic mode Step 6
Carefully spoon the plums between the greased and sugared muffin holes, keeping any remaining syrup to one side for serving, and place in the oven for 2-3 minutes to get the plums bubbling hot.
Classic mode Step 7
Carefully pour the batter in over the plums and place back in the oven to cook for 15 – 17 minutes until the puddings are golden and risen.
Classic mode Step 8
Meanwhile whisk to soft peaks the cream with the orange zest, vanilla extract and icing sugar.