We all know ice cream is the delicious and versatile dessert option that most people have in their freezer, but did you know it takes on average 50 licks to finish a single scoop of ice cream, or that the leading flavour is vanilla? Here are some fun facts about one of the nations favourite frozen desserts.
- What's in it? Most ice cream is made of a mixture of cream or milk, sugar and a selection of flavours.
- Who eats the most? The top ice cream consuming country in the world is New Zealand, followed by U.S.A, Australia, Finland and Sweden.
- Did you know? On average it takes 50 licks to finish a single scoop of ice cream.
- And more ice cream is sold on Sunday than any other day of the week.
- Viva l'Italia! The tallest cone recorded was over 9 feet tall and scooped in italy.
- Finishing touch... Chocolate syrup is the worlds most popular topping.
- Wow! July is National Ice Cream month in America, but we think it should be celebrated world wide. Who's with us?
- 98% of households have ice cream in the freezer, Are you one of them?
- 1 in 5 people admit to sharing ice cream with their pet. Who's guilty?