Jane's Patisserie Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter: The Promoter is The Silver Spoon Company (a business division of British Sugar plc), Western House, Lynch Wood Business Park, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ (the “Promoter”).
2. How to enter:
- To enter this promotion, entrants must find 1 of the 4 Jane’s Patisserie cartoon avatar logos hidden around the Baking Mad website: https://www.bakingmad.com/.
- Entrants must email firstname.lastname@example.org and their email to include the name of the page and/or URL along with the full name of the entrant.
- Entrants must be UK residents, aged 18 years or over. This promotion is not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliate companies, their families, agents, or anyone else connected with this promotion.
- One entry is allowed per person. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary however internet access and a compatible internet browser are required.
3. Promotion Period: The promotion is open to entries from 09.00 BST on 9th August 2021 until midnight BST on 16th August 2021.
- The promoter is offering 5 winners each one signed copy of Jane’s Patisseries new recipe book. There are 5 books to be won.
- All prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative offered. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
5.How winners are selected and notified:
- Winners will be randomly selected from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period using a computer algorithm in accordance with the laws of chance
- Each winner will be contacted within 7 days of the draw via the email using the contact details provided with their entry and will be asked to provide their postal address details to receive their prize. Winners must provide a UK residential address. If any winner declines a prize or fails to respond within the required period, they forfeit any right to the prize. If a winner fails to respond within 28 days of this initial contact, a redraw will take place from the remaining valid entries to select a new winner. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- The prize will be sent via registered (signed for) post to the address supplied within 30 days of notification (subject to any unforeseen circumstances caused by Covid) and the winners will be required to sign to acknowledge receipt (signature by any person at the address provided will be considered proof of receipt by the winner).
6. The Promoter reserves the right to discount any inappropriate or offensive entries and to disqualify any entries if the Promoter, at its sole discretion, believes that there has been an attempt to manipulate or tamper with the operation of the promotion.
7. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
8. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Promoter’s decisions.
9. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any infringement of any third party intellectual property rights caused by entrants entering this promotion.
10. Nothing in these terms excludes the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for fraud, or any other liability that the Promoter may not exclude by law. Subject to that, the Promoter and its associated companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, including any loss incurred as a result of any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the winner or other entrants that is caused by:
- technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the promotion;
- any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation or enjoyment of a prize;
- any act or omission of any third party, particularly any third party involved in the provision of services relevant to the prize; or
- any other events beyond the Promoter's control that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted or may lead to loss of, or damage to, the winner or to the prize.
11. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining other provisions shall continue to apply.
12. The Promoter shall use entrants’ personal data for the purposes of carrying out the promotion in a GDPR compliant way as set out in the Promoter’s privacy notice available at https://www.bakingmad.com/privacy-policy and further explained in the following paragraphs.
13. Subject to the winner’s rights under applicable data protection legislation, the Promoter shall be entitled to use and feature the names and county of the winners for publicity purposes and winners agree that they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.
14. The Promoter will make winners’ surnames and county of residence available on request to anyone who sends a stamped self-addressed envelope to the Promoter within 10 weeks of the end of the Promotion Period, as required by the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the “Code”). The Promoter may also be asked to provide the same details to the Advertising Standards Authority (“ASA”) who publish and enforce the Code. This use of winners’ data is necessary for the Promoter’s legitimate interests in complying with the Code. Winners who do not wish the Promoter to disclose these details to members of the public who request them, should let the Promoter know as soon as possible by emailing: CustomerServices@bakingmad.com. Winners may also object to the disclosure to the ASA by emailing the same address, giving reasons. The Promoter will take these reasons into account if the ASA asks for the winners’ details. Please note, however, that the Promoter may nevertheless still be required to disclose this information to the ASA. This may happen where, for example, the Promoter is required to demonstrate that a valid award took place.
15. The Promoter is solely responsible for the promotion. Entrants acknowledge promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Jane’s Patisserie.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.