- Skill level:easy
Membership sign upSign up
- 450g 16 oz Strong white bread flour (we use Allinson) Strong white bread flour
- 1 1 Easy bake yeast sachet (we use Allinson)
- 1tsp 1tsp Unrefined golden caster sugar (we use Billington's) Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 1tsp 1tsp Salt
- 100ml 3½ fl oz Milk (whole)
- 60ml 2 fl oz Natural yoghurt
- 1 1 Egg(s) (free range)
- 2tbsp 2tbsp Vegetable oil
- 3tbsp 3tbsp Butter (unsalted) melted
The Method Enter Bake mode
Classic mode Step 1
Warm the natural yoghurt and the milk together.
Classic mode Step 2
Place all of the ingredients (except the melted butter) into a mixer with a dough hook attached.
Ingredients for this step
Classic mode Step 3
Mix to a soft dough and knead for 5 minutes. If mixing by hand, put the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix to a dough with the milk, yoghurt, egg and oil.
Classic mode Step 4
Knead on a floured board for 10 minutes.
Classic mode Step 5
Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan, gas mark 5.)
Classic mode Step 6
Divide the dough into 6 and roll out to 1cm/½ inch thick ovals and place onto a greased baking sheet. Leave to prove until double in size.
Classic mode Step 7
Bake for 10 minutes.
Classic mode Step 8
Remove from oven and place under a hot grill for a few seconds, brush with butter and serve.