Allinson's Dried Active Yeast is a more traditional yeast and is only suitable for hand baking bread - but before you use Allinson's Dried Active Yeast it needs to be reactivated. We show you how to do this before you bake your very own delicious homemade bread.
Note: 500g of bread flour will require 15g of activated dried active yeast.
- 1tsp Sugar
- 150ml Warm Water (1 Part Boiling to 2 Parts Cold)
- 15g Allinson's Dried Active Yeast
How to Activate your Yeast:
1. Dissolve the sugar in the warm water
2. Sprinkles in the dried active yeast and whisk thoroughly
3. Leave the mixture in a warm place until the surface is covered in froth - this usually takes around 15 minutes.
4. Whisk again thoroughly and use immediately - this liquid mixture should not be used in addition to the amount of liquid in the recipe but included in the total amount.